Florida State University’s Sustainable Campus works to educate and engage students, staff, and faculty to set an example of campus sustainability and position FSU as a leader of environmental and social action.
Our educational efforts, community outreach, and programs work alongside the greater campus efforts and operations to provide everyone with the ability to develop, apply, and practice sustainability. Our efforts seek to conserve resources at FSU and strengthen the positive impact our university leaves upon the local and global environment for generations to come.
Who we are:
- We are diverse, enthusiastic learners who care about all things sustainability.
- We strongly believe in and follow a culture that is open, transparent, inclusive, and collaborative.
- We are a friendly team and value relationships.
The graphic designer of Sustainable Campus is a valuable member of our Sustainable Campus Communications (SCOMMS) team. Incorporating high-quality graphics into our messaging helps to foster more involvement in Sustainable Campus programs and more sustainable behavior change among the campus community. The graphic designer is imperative to these ends and has a huge role in shaping our communications. The graphic designer reports to the Communications Coordinator and works alongside the Director of Sustainability to complete projects. The graphic designer is the innovative, creative heart of Sustainable Campus.
Graphic Designer Duties:
- Design and produce flyers, brochures, ads, and other marketing materials as directed by the Communications Coordinator
- Upholding the Sustainable Campus Brand through all produced materials
- Maintain folders and files of all Sustainable Campus program and event materials
- Serve as the creative heart of Sustainable Campus
- Identify new ways to reach target audiences through produced materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Commitment of up to 20 hours per week during the school semester from 8/1/2020 to 5/10/2021
- Attend all bi-monthly Sustainable Campus staff meetings
- Collaborate with Sustainable Campus staff, be present and available to support Sustainable Campus programs and events
- Meet with Sustainable Campus Communications Coordinator bi-monthly to set semester goals and develop timelines to complete said goals
- Professional dress and demeanor during office hours
- Attendance at Sustainable Campus Staff Orientation and Chuck it for Charity
- Strong design skills, knowledge and experience using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Maintain professional working conditions with various individuals outside the FSU community
- Ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Creativity, initiative and acute attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of social media and how to use it
If this sounds like you, please fill out the following application: https://forms.gle/8gcQG7m9y7SFiEPUA
Please reach out to Cyndel Brunell at email@example.com with any employment questions!